<VV> No spark

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Aug 24 20:53:02 EDT 2012

There is fuel going to the carbs as I cracked the
lines at the carbs and cranked it.  I have a weak voltage on the positive side
of the coil.  Points, condenser, rotor, and cap are new.  I put my timing light
on it and didn&#39;t have any spark.  Tried a new coil on it, too.  Any
suggestions?  Thanks, Ernie

1  Are you sure the points are still set?  opening as you crank?

  Note:  voltage is low 6-8 volts with points closed.. 12c when open

2  Then test the coil  using your screwdriver to open / short the points to see if you have spark.

3  if that fails... replace the coil.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio