<VV> no spark

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Fri Aug 24 23:17:35 EDT 2012

get the test light out.
POSSIBLE Probable bad ground of the breaker plate in distributor. I
recently found the pivot post was electrically not connected to the plate.
I removed the plate and fixed it with one good careful hit on bottom of the
 plate at the crimp of the post..
of course this was after checking the points for a good closing (cleaned
with a chunk of paper) and looking at the point lead for breaks at either end
or  where it comes out of the distrib. Also found one that got bent at the
coil  terminal , touching ground of coil case. I only drove 15 miles to help
find that  one..side of the road.
Regards, Tim Colson