<VV> Sport Sedans (4 door hardtops)

hihal6 at gmail.com hihal6 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 15:56:51 EST 2012

My memory is that the first "hardtops" about 1949-50 were actually called
"Hardtop Convertibles". They had the styling of a convertible with the top
up, not of a two door sedan with the B pillar removed. By the mid 50's they
were just referred to as hardtops until the first pillarless four doors
appeared. Most people called them "two door or four door hardtops" then.
Not many people used terminology (like Sport Sedan) to describe their
stylish four door hardtop.

Hal