<VV> Corvan underbody shield

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Dec 6 10:51:47 EST 2012

On 12/6/2012 10:08 AM, Kerwin Nailor wrote:
> Could it be the panel under the front end on later year FCs that covers the
> steering linkage, throttle linkage, etc. area?

No, Kerwin, it is not.  The panel that you are recalling was
factory-installed on all 1964 and 65 FC models, but was a simple flat
piece of sheet metal with a few bends and holes in it.  It's purpose was
a "splash shield," to prevent slush and ice buildup on the pedal
linkages and other controls.

This eBay piece is quite a bit more complex in shape, and the seller's
description does not thoroughly explain to me where/how it fit.  I have
never heard of this, I have never seen this, and without seeing it
as-installed or without backup from someone such as Dave Newell, my
fundamental reaction is, "Huh?"