<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 95, Issue 20

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sat Dec 8 14:17:36 EST 2012

I lost a future brother in law due to this.
The aluminum factory rims on his car had actually "shrunk" enough that the tire
to rim seal was compromised, thus allowing the Rt. Frt. tire to completely
"roll" off the rim & flipping the car.
He was crushed under the car when he was found.
Everyone in my family knows the importance of tire psi.
Additionally every car we own has a set of steel rims for winter use.
I check psi's EVERY time I can !!

Tim
Decatur,IL.
66 monza coupe

no Flame!

1  How did he not notice the tire losing air? we know this didn't happen instantaneously!

2  Make sure your family knows the importance of SEATBELTS!  too

 Also.. many may not realize that NASCAR  teams may start out with tire pressures  below 20 psi... and immediately go over 180 mph  while waiting for  the tire to  heat up!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages