<VV> Question on brakes pulling to the left

JRVIDRINE at aol.com JRVIDRINE at aol.com
Sun Dec 9 16:40:44 EST 2012

Folks,

I have been having a problem with my 1962 Monza Coupe's brakes.  It  pulls
to the left no matter what I have done on adjusting the brakes.  It  will
also lock up the right rear brake on hard braking.

The 1962 did not have self adjusting brakes as they 63's did.  Of  course
if the adjustments are correct on these and older cars, they will stop
straight unless there is a problem that crops up.

I completely rebuilt the brakes (wheel cylinders, hoses, brake shoes plus
turned drums about 12 years ago).  At that time it would brake fine.

I talked to a person who I would think is well versed and he  suggested
that perhaps, (even though I changed them) one of (or more than one)  hose has
collapsed and is causing the problem.  Although new ones were  installed 12
years ago, they are 12 years old.

Any thoughts on this?  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
John R. "Randy" Vidrine
1962 Monza Coupe
Branch, LA