<VV> Question on brakes pulling to the left

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Dec 9 18:00:52 EST 2012

Randy,
How many times in the past 12 years has the fluid been  changed/flushed?
What kind of fluid is installed?  As Matt says, you  may have only one bad
cylinder--on the right front, but if you haven't already  pulled the drums to
inspect the cylinders you can't rule out seepage or broken  hardware within
the drums.  Best of luck finding it before it gets too  cold.

Bob

I have been having a problem with my 1962 Monza Coupe's brakes.   It  pulls
to the left no matter what I have done on adjusting the  brakes.  It  will
also lock up the right rear brake on hard  braking.

I completely rebuilt the brakes (wheel cylinders, hoses,  brake shoes plus
turned drums about 12 years ago).  At that time  it would brake fine.
Any thoughts on this?  Any suggestions will  be appreciated.

Thanks,
John R. "Randy"  Vidrine

1   Front...  pulls to the left......  sticky WHEEL CYLINDER on the RIGHT
[  almost always the opposite side!]

2   REAR.....   Left front works so well compared to right front... it
unloads the Right rear under hard braking...

This is assuming  ALL  4  brakes pass Visual inspection...no broken
springs,  etc..

Matt Nall

Charleston,  Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio