<VV> trannys

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Dec 10 01:31:03 EST 2012

not sure here , but 65  4 spd with  a 63 differential?  splines the same? I
thought there was a change in 64? I have not done much on  std shifts in a
while , but one time there was a difference in splines that did  not show up
until the car was on the ground..under load. At that point there was  noise
without motion. BUT I thought it was 63 transmission against a  later
(64-65)  differential..I could be wrong again .
The powerglide leak : usually the converter seal fails , doing a full
dump, then you put it all together without doing the internals and the  inner
one fails putting trans fluid in the differential until it comes out the  vent
on top big time. I have seen this more than once lately. I think I posted
pictures of cause and repairs a few years ago on a web site. I just would
not do  any differentials anymore without doing that internal seal.
I made a tool that gets that seal out without disturbing the bearing  race.
For some reason these failures are hard to understand , unless you have had
 it happen and done the job.
Regards, Tim Colson