<VV> HELP-Clean oil/auto. trans. fluid from concrete

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Mon Dec 10 19:48:43 EST 2012

I wasn't talking about using gasoline in a mop bucket.  You only need enough to dissolve the oil.  I've done it more times than I can count and it has never caused a fire.  If it did it wouldn't have been a big issue.  Concrete isn't all that flammable.  I use naphtha with the same results and I suppose it's safer.  Gasoline is like other things that are flammable.  It has to have the correct mixture with oxygen to be very volatile.  Why do you think electric pumps in fuel tanks don't cause explosions?
I've watched a car burn to the ground with gasoline running out of the tank.  Lots of fire but no explosion.
Joel