<VV> PG leak revisited again

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 12 14:37:15 EST 2012

 I apparently solved the leaking PG cable. Now I can't seem to stop a leak from
the PG pan. I've gone through two rubber gaskets and one cork one.  The last was
    cork with a new Permetex seal bead on both sides!! The leak is always in the
same place.

 There is no leak from above the gaskets. It is bone dry on the aluminum part.
The leak is on the rear of the seal on the drivers side. I made a short metal
reinforcing strap to go under the two bolts on that area and it seemed to slow
it down a bit.

 The pan is quite straight with no crack in the seal area. I believe my next
attempt will be a thicker cork gasket with a bead of Permetex on both sides.
This Permetex is a  new variety that is in a pressurized can and makes a perfect
bead to be compressed when the bolts are torqued (40-48 inch lbs).

 Anybody have a clue as to why the pan should leak in just the one place?

 MIKE KOVACS