<VV> Gasoline prices

Jack Pinard corvairjack at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 12:01:09 EST 2012

Thanks to Jim Simpson for a rational explanation of gasoline price fundamentals. It is also refreshing that he acknowledges some of the federal investments in energy.
May I add that the "free market" requires government oversight to prevent the manipulation by multi-national corporations that Californians frequently experience.
I actually "pumped gas" at my dad's independent service station in 1939 when he had the choice of  many distributors of  local refineries using local oil. Dad bought low and passed on savings to customers.
In my area there is only one remaining independent, and Fred's is at the mercy of pricing practices of refineries controlled by the big three.
Happy Holidays is driving our Corvairs on $3.79 premium, down a dollar from last season.  Happy motoring to all!
Jack Pinard, 80
Port Hueneme CA
1964 Greenbrier 140
1966 Corsa cvt 140
1994 Chevy 9C1

John W. "Jack" Pinard
116 E Garden Grn Port Hueneme CA 93041 805-340-6533