<VV> Charging Problem

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sun Dec 16 17:42:42 EST 2012

Paul,
    Get hold of a portable VOLTmeter and plug it into  the cigarette
lighter socket using an aftermarket lighter plug.. This will  show the charging
VOLTAGE while you're reving up the engine.  The voltage  should be maintained
around 14 to 14.5 volts (might be a little higher when  first started and
everything is cold)  I suspect yours is going a lot  higher due to failure of
your voltage regulator.
    An ammeter installed on your dash tells you much  less information than
a voltmeter.
Frank Burkhard
Boonton, NJ

In a message dated 12/16/2012 3:09:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,