<VV> FS: 1963 Monza Coupe - Track Car/Daily Driver - $2500

Tom Hughes corvairdad at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 16:58:54 EST 2012

For Sale: 1963 Monza 2-dr club coupe modified for the track. This
102HP/4-speed car recently placed second in its class at the National
Autocross, and has placed first in its class at NECC track events. It’s got
the following modifications:

1964 front suspension with one coil cut out of each front spring
Battery relocated to the trunk
Tachometer mounted on the dash
Anchors added to the rear package tray area for 5-pt harnesses for both
driver and front passenger
14” Nissan 280ZX wheels with Yokohama Avid TRZ tires with plenty of tread
left
Corvair Underground poly bushings in the front
Clarks adjustable shock absorbers
Clarks semi-metallic brake shoes
1964 finned rear drums used
Seth's plug wires
Carburetor jets relocated to prevent cut-out under turning
Vent tubes added to the carb jets to prevent gas leakage

Other recent work includes:

New, balanced clutch assembly with bolted flywheel
New front valance welded in

While the rockers are solid, the car does need new floors on the driver’s
side. The seat mounting points are still solid. If desired, I can lay in
temporary flooring and reinstall the carpet so the car could be driven
home. Or, for an additional $500, I will patch the floor so it's completely
road-ready.

The engine runs nicely, delivering over 20 MPG on my daily commutes. All
electricals (except for the backup switch) function properly. The
heater/defroster work fine.

The removed rocker trim and radio housing with AM radio are included. Also
included, if desired, is a complete 1964 rear suspension setup with
transverse spring and ’64 differential/bell housing as well as the parts
necessary to convert from a generator to an alternator.

This car comes with a clear title.

More photos can be viewed
here<http://www.flickr.com/photos/84179241@N04/sets/72157632328408997/>
.

The whole story on this car can be read on my
blog<http://corvairfleet.blogspot.com/search/label/Lucy>

--
Tom in Baltimore
corvairfleet.blogspot.com