<VV> distributor question

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 16:16:55 EST 2012

Randy, if you have your choice, I'd try each one then pick the best one of
the bunch. You really don't say what you plan to do with the car!

Each engine these distributer's go in has its merits. Both the older lower
hp engines and the newer 110 take the prize over the 102, however. I
happily ran a 102 years ago and again in my current 62, and its a good
engine going down the road but requires RPM's to develop power. My driving
needs are a bit different today so I converted the 102 to a 64 110 and do
have better torque at lower speeds these engines are known for.

But, there is more to it than that. You still have a lower RPM torque curve
with that cam, so it would be best to match that. Both the 110 and the
earlier dist. will do.I'd try them both and see which one works best.

This is a non scientific reply because I have not studied or tried many of
the distributors out there. Maybe someone can give a better explanation,
but in the end, the engine would be happiest if you match the torque curve
of the cam to the distributor.
Mark Durham