<VV> California offering NEW RETRO yellow / black and Blueplates!!

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 29 00:40:56 EST 2012

So, I think that you are saying that the car must be registered in CA in
order to purchase a retro "Black" plate.  Correct?

It would not be available to someone like myself (IL) who purchased a Black
Plate car out of CA several years ago.  Correct?

Either way, it would seem to dilute the "value" of a Black Plate car which
in the past has always denoted (but not final proof) that a car with a CA
black plate has spent it's whole life in (at least registered in) CA.  Is
there an indication on the "retro" plate that would tell a potential out of
state buyer that this is not the original plate from when the car was first
purchased?

Of course, the same question applies to the yellow and blue plates - but
black was the '60s color.

Later, JR