<VV> Reversed FR steering box No Corvair

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Sat Dec 29 15:38:12 EST 2012

-- FR steering box.  Amusing aside -- the first box I received was reversed
so when steering right the car turned left.  Glad I caught it before I hit
the road. :)
Dave
**************************************Smitty says;  Many years ago I built a
feather weight 14 ft boat from scratch.  Built my own Fwd steering system.
40 HP Merc outboard.  Virgin run, I put it in the water alongside my dock
and walked it down the dock to deeper water and tied it to the head of the
dock parallel to the beach.  Got in it and fired it up.  Put it in gear and
shoved the throttle home.  It literally leapt out of the water and was on a
plane in about 20 ft.  Then I made a steering correction.  I thought it was
going to eat me alive, as I had the steering reversed.  My suggestion from
the experience is, don't ever do that.