<VV> California VOM Plates: Jon Peters

Jon Peters 1tallguy at att.net
Mon Dec 31 06:30:21 EST 2012

California VOM Plates: another interesting thing about resigning CA Black / Yellow plates is that you have to show the YOM sticker to them to have the plates assigned to the year of your car, well at least in Escondido. I bought a 66 that has the original plates on it. But the reg was lost and not on the system anymore. So I had to carefully scrap the old tags off till I got down to the 1966 one. Glad it was not sold in 1967. I have a set of restored black plates for my 1965, but these have no tags and were never on the Van, it's from Ohio. I'll have to buy an old tag off Ebay. Has anyone had luck with this? buying the old tags?
Seen them for $30.00. Someone is selling "new" stickers, but I do not think CA DMV will allow those as proof. Jon Peters,? SDCC