<VV> Penetrating oil vs. ATF/Acetone

P.H. Raker n556p at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 31 11:27:24 EST 2012

A friend who is not a Corvair person sent this to me. It sounds interesting.  Has anyone tried it?  What were your results?

Phil Raker
'65 Corsa Cpe - 140/4
'63 Greenbrier - 110/4

---

>From my motorhome forum:

Most of us have had difficulty at one time or another with loosening nuts or bolts,screws etc..I have been fooling around with a 50% mixture of ATF and Acetone with terrific results . It is a lot cheaper as well.
The engineering tests on this are as listed:
no oil....516 lbs
WD-40...238 lbs
PB blaster....214 lbs
Liquid wrench...127 lbs
Kano Kroil...106 lbs
ATF-Acetone mix...53 lbs
Lacquer thinner seems to work as well.
I don't know who did the testing but this stuff seems to work for me. I would like others to test this out as I can't believe my results so far & I have no more frozen bolts screws etc. Perhaps you could post to this forum with your personal results