<VV> 66 rockers galvanized?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Feb 2 11:53:55 EST 2012

Hi folks,

I seem to recall that the outer rocker panels on '66 up Corvairs are galvanized.  True?  This is an LA built car if it matters.  If so, would you try to save the outer galvanizing when repainting them?  How?  Or should we just sand and paint?

I'm going to have to stop referring to our '66 as the parts car soon, since one side of it is in primer (except for the rocker).  Looks like a car Harvey Dent (AKA Two Face from Batman) would drive right now :-)

--Bryan