<VV> Rod Bearing Clearance Question

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 20:30:56 EST 2012

Bob, my overhaul manual says .001 to .002 is the correct range for rod
bearings. You can go up to .003 with worn bearings, so .002 is good. I
assume the crank has been micro polished and sized to get the .002
reading, correct?
If you are concerned, there are undersized bearings to take it
that .001 closer. my journals varied a bit after micro polish. My
readings were .001, .0012, .0015, .0017, .0014 and .0015. Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone