<VV> Buick Question

kenharri at comcast.net kenharri at comcast.net
Wed Feb 8 08:42:45 EST 2012

Greetings All!

Wades question:
"I have a 2008 Buick Lucerne with 20,000 miles.? Over the last couple of weeks the theft deterrent system goes off spontaneously with the horn blowing & lights flashing.? This has happened about six times, three times over the last two days.? I couldn't find anything in the owners manual or on-line why this is happening.? Does anyone know why this would happen or have advice on where to get this resolved (other than unplugging the horns). ? Thanks, Wade"
My answer:  Hi Wade,  I believe that your keyless entry remote may be trying to tell you that the battery is getting weak.  I would try changing the batteries in all the remotes.  It should be about time for a 2004.  Apart from that, I do not know.

Kent Harrington

'63 Monza, '64 Greenbrier

SE PA