<VV> viton crank seals

John Sweet jasvair at certainty.net
Fri Feb 10 17:28:48 EST 2012

Bob,
 I had atleast 3 failures on the crank seals.  One customer wanted me to
install the viton crank and balancer seal and the bellhousing seal failed
in 500 miles.  I had to replace it at his expense since he requested it. I
put an aftermarket seal in which has a double lip and the seal has not leak
since then. We had discussins at the performance workshop and at the Ft
Wayne Meet last year and other people had the dame failures.
John Sweet