<VV> 1960 aluminum three speed transmissions

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Fri Feb 10 20:00:21 EST 2012

 Porsches don't use countershafts the way Corvairs do. In fact, I don't know of ANY other transaxle that uses a double reduction box like the Corvair does.

Porsches have a mainshaft and a pinion shaft. The mainshaft goes into the clutch, and the pinion shaft goes to the final drive. All gears are single reduction.

John Roberts