<VV> 14 inch wheels for your late model Corvair

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Sun Feb 12 18:56:42 EST 2012

When I purchased the John Fitch Sprint back in 1979 it had
14" steelies on it. When I asked what happened to the 13"
Hands wheels that were on the car originally I was told
that John had put the Hands wheels on his Phoenix (he
still has the Phoenix and those wheels!) because back in
1969 he couldn't find another set of original Hands wheels
and nobody was making any re-pops back then. Soooo, John
checked and found that the 14" wheel from a 1968 Camaro
had the correct back spacing so as not to put any
excessive force on the Corvair wheel bearings. That is
what he fitted on the Sprint before selling it to Kurt
Hein.

If you want to run 14" tires on your late model just get a
set of wheels from a 67-69 Camaro and you should be good
to go! - Caveman Pete