<VV> convertibles as pickups

Richard Gebhardt rampside64 at att.net
Mon Feb 13 23:32:11 EST 2012

As long as we are relating 'unusual' uses of Corvairs, I submit the
following.

One day in Dallas, my wife asked me to drive her to work. It was snowing
and the streets were icy. I said OK, but we will have to take the Rampside
as it gets better traction than our other cars. It does not have a
heater and it
is covered with ice. No problem. I fired up the kerosene powered catalytic
heater and set it in the cab. After about 15 minutes, the ice was
melting and
running off the cab in streams. She got to work toasty warm. Went back
later
that day and brought her home the same way. I still have that Rampside and
wife.

Richard
64 Rampside
69 Monza Convertible