<VV> My trunk story

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Tue Feb 14 16:05:56 EST 2012

Smitty Says;   Some years ago we had a Mall Show.  My friend and I were standing by another friend's mid engine V-8.  IT was a convertible with the top down and it had a beautifully upholstered engine cover to match the black interior.  A good portion of it under the folded top and package shelf.  A guy comes along with three little boys and quite loudly so the boys would hear but also to insure that bystanders would hear his pronouncement, said, look here boys, this is a Corvair.  I know all about them.  The engine is back here.  He walked up to the rear compartment and peered inside at the carpeted trunk.  He was stunned.  He said, well they must have moved it to the front.  His older boys caught on quick that dad had a problem.  He went to the front of the car and looked in at the carpeting covering the angled radiator box.  Then he went to the back again.  He finally looked inside and spied the engine cover.  He said, there it is.  They left with the boys firmly convinced that Dad didn't know Jack Stuff about Corvairs.