<VV> Powerglide Shifting Issues (getting better)

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Wed Feb 15 14:49:43 EST 2012

What would it damage that wasn't rubber?
Who would do a rebuild without replacing all rubber parts?
The only transmissions I've seen that I didn't consider re-buildable were 1) ones that got so hot that they looked burned inside 2) so many miles that all the parts were worn out 3) broken gears/parts that circulated and pretty much ruined everything 4) water damage
I do agree that anything that swells rubber damages it.
I would be interested to know what areas had been damaged by the treatment.
Joel McGregor

Going through various components of that transmission VS one that needed
rebuild but had not received the "chemical" treatment, he pointed out a
number of areas which had been rendered useless in the "treated" tranny.

Later, JR