<VV> Trunk Stories

William Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Wed Feb 15 23:12:19 EST 2012

My earliest Trunk Story is from my high school years (a LOOOOOONG time ago).
I was driving a 1963 Corvair then, with my best friend Bob Anderson riding
shotgun, when the engine started knocking and chuffing a bit.  We were
stopped at a red light and I said to Bob, "Oh no, I think my engine is
missing!"  Without a word, Bob pulled the key out of the ignition (early
model, remember - you can do that without shutting if off), swung open his
door, ran around to the front and opened the trunk and exclaimed, "Oh no,
Bill, you're right!"

I nearly died laughing.

Of course, Bob was the same guy who went into a Burger King (at a time when
they were running a certain ad campaign) and asked, "Is it true that special
orders don't upset you?"  When the lady behind the counter replied that it
was true, Bob ordered a Big Mac! (She didn't get upset).

Bill Hubbell