<VV> window alignment

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Thu Feb 16 21:32:50 EST 2012

You probably don't want to hear this but I have a '63 convertible that the vent window on the driver's side lines up with the door glass but not the windshield pillar.  After some thought and eyeballing I discovered that the windshield pillar is bent to the rear.  I guess something fell on it or it rolled at some point???
Joel McGregor

Subject: <VV> window alignment

A couple of folks have asked for pictures.  Here are three that might give
you an idea of what I am dealing with.  It is almost as if the quarter glass
needs to rotate CCW.  That of course would mess up the vertical alignment.
In the pictures the weather stripping has been removed.  In order to get the
two edges to line up I had to lower the quarter window about 3/16".  In the
picture the quarter window is almost touching the stainless trim at the
lower left corner.  It's as if the contour of the glass is different than
the roof line.  ?????????????