<VV> More transmission fun...

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Feb 17 19:26:05 EST 2012

Hi guys-
It was a beautiful day here in Dallas yesterday so I drove my '65 to work.
While shifting from first to second, the stick came back about 2-3
inches farther than normal and then it would not shift out of second.  I
got under the car to see if the linage was the problem.  I could only
see the linkage at the trans, but it was still connected.
I had to drive home in 2nd.  Lots of fun.  Is it possible for the shift
rod to pull farther out of the trans than normal?  And what could make
it stick in 2nd?
Any ideas can help.  Thanks guys-
-C
1- '65 Corsa

 Shifter popped apart... iirc.. you can get to it from the interior.. otherwise you need to drop the pans.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages