<VV> 1960 vair horn slots ?

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Feb 18 14:36:06 EST 2012

At 11:17 AM 2/18/2012, you wrote:
>just got a 1960 shop manual and in the body section it shows on the
>drivers side 3 slots punched into the lower front end.   looked at
>my 60 and no slots.   are these to allow the horn to be heard more
>clearly or what   whats the history on this    anybody know   trey
>bosson   wellsville ny   60 v8 vair

Only the cars from the first couple/few weeks of production had the
single horn behind the lower cowl.   I saw one, #54x that still had
the slots in the cowl.  Another that had a 1xxx number did not.   I'm
not sure when the change took place.

Pete?

Either way, any 'Vair with the horn slots in the cowl is a very early
production car.

tony..