<VV> Dim lights at idle

James Cooper cooperj123 at msn.com
Sun Feb 19 13:11:58 EST 2012

<snip> James, that does NOT make sense.  If you have a 0.4 (FOUR  TENTHS) ohm
resistance between the positive battery terminal and the clamp  that goes around
it, then trying to "pull" 100 amps from the battery through  that
connection to work the starter will cause a FORTY volt drop ( E =  I x R or voltage
drop = current flow x resistance).  Even a 0.04 ohm  resistance would cause a
FOUR volt drop leaving only 8 volts to work the  starter.
<snip> Hmm   Correct.    Which made me check my digital meter to find that it isn't working correctly.The resistance measured is in the leads or a connection in the leads to wire or meter.