<VV> LM differential difference

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 19 19:34:17 EST 2012

 What is the visual identification between a '65 PG and a '66 PG differential? I
believe it is 4 bolts for '65 and 6 for '66-69.

I just finished checking the noisy one in my '66. The case is full of lube and
there is no burnt smell, no evidence of metallic shavings or PG fluid.

 While jacked up on the left side, I ran the PG in gear at 3,000 rpm, then shut
off the engine and put the PG into neutral. The same noise whirring noise as on
the highway was evident as the wheel continued to turn.

 I'll replace the differential, or rebuild it. I suspect a bearing.

 MIKE KOVACS