<VV> Excessively tight rocker adjusting nuts

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Feb 21 17:41:48 EST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: chuck mckinley <cmckinley313 at verizon.net>

it was
about 30F in my garage so all the parts were chilly. I can't imagine
that a few dozen degrees would make a big difference in how tightly a
self-locking nut grabs the stud, but I could be wrong.

I say YES!!   you are only dealing with 32 ft. lb to begin with... and that's a "stacked" assy.   block / barrel / head....

The Jamb nuts  would shrink  considerably.....

Get the stud and nut in a warm room and let them set a few hours to equalize...  then using a torque wrench  test the jambnut.

 Try to use an inch lb.  wrench    should be less than 100 inch lb.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages