<VV> Shifting problem

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Feb 22 16:44:41 EST 2012

Not modulator.

Simple test of modulator. Remove vacuum hose, see if tranny fluid runs out!
Dry hose good, wet hose, replace modulator.

Try adjusting the swivel at the carb cross shaft to accelerator rod.
Directions in shop manual.

Short description:

Disconnect swivel from crossshaft. Use return spring to hold open throttle
(or have a helper floor the pedal-best method). Adjust swivel so it fits
into the hole on the crossshaft belcrank easily.

Test drive. Make small adjustments to get shift pattern you want.

Make sure pedal on floor still gets you full open throttle plates in carbs
(both carbs is target, full linkage adjustment may be needed to acquire
target!).

If this is not the answer, remember there is another swivel and belcrank at
transmission. Lots of room for errors after 50 years!

Frank DuVal