<VV> Urgent need for more hotel information on the convention blog and site

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Feb 23 18:25:47 EST 2012

Hello, Ray, and thank you for your interest in the 2012 CORSA Convention.

The alternate hotels posted on the blog are those that are most
conveniently located.  In the region there are quite a few additional
hotels, country inns, and bed & breakfasts, but generally speaking these
are located further away.  "Further away," of course, is a relative
term, but for the moment we have listed only the alternates within just
a few miles of the host hotel.

The alternates are listed in order of distance from the host hotel and
without any attempt to evaluate their quality.  Thanks to the internet,
finding and evaluating accommodations is far easier today than it was
only a few years ago, so it should not be difficult for convention
attendees to make reasonably informed choices, as you have done.

Nonetheless we agree that even more information would be better, and as
we are able to identify additional accommodations we will add them to
the blog.  If I may be candid, the speed with which the host hotel
filled up surprised us.  The NECC expected to be directing people to
alternate hotels much later than mid-February.  But it is indicative of
the high level of interest this convention is generating.

The NECC agrees that moving the news of the room availability to the
convention web site is desirable and so will be doing that.  But the
purpose of the blog is to get breaking news out quickly and so we posted
the alternate hotels quite literally the same day that the host hotel
booked the last available room.  It wasn't all that many years ago that
information like this would not be disseminated until the next available
issue of the CORSA Communique was published.

Thanks, again, for your interest in and enthusiasm for the 2012 CORSA
convention.

--Bob Marlow, NECC blogger

http://corsa2012.blogspot.com/