<VV> Possible Source of Oil feed problem?

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at gilberts-bc.ca
Fri Feb 24 23:00:51 EST 2012

Hi,

I just made an interesting find while building my big block for my UltraVan.
I was installing the LH bank set of pushrods and found that 2 out of the 6
rods had plugged oil holes. In the past I usually just did a quick visual
check but this time on a whim I decided to run a piece of soft mechanics
wire through them. One had a partially plugged tip hole and one had a piece
of crud inside the rod! I mentioned this because some time ago I seem to
remember hearing about some guys having problems with oil feed to their
rockers.

Certainly something I will check for in the future.

Regards,

Bob

66 Corsa 180 convertible

68 UltraVan