<VV> 14" steel wheels for EM??

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Feb 27 10:29:51 EST 2012

Hi Ray,

Let me see if I've got the question right - you want a set of 14" steel wheels that will work ok on an early and take the dog dish hub caps.  Seems like a reasonable request.

Basically there isn't a combo that I'm aware of that is budget friendly (say, less than $100 for four) and will take the hub caps.  Sorry.

The reason I don't have a good answer for you on the page is that the only wheels I can think of that might work would have come from early 60's Chevy IIs.  The bolt pattern on Falcons and some Mustangs are the same, but I don't know about the center hole or backspace (I think someone else posted on the subject but I don't remember the answer).  The somewhat more common Japanese car wheels won't take Chevy hub caps as I recall, just full wheel covers.

In any case, finding such wheels these days isn't easy.  What might be an option is if you have one of those shops near you that can modify wheels.  Then you could have them make up a set of wheels for you that will work.  You could also try a place like the Tire Rack, at least to get a reference price.

--Bryan