<VV> 14" wheels on an early Corvair

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Mon Feb 27 18:19:40 EST 2012

Since I am known as shadetree mechanic and will do nearly anything to make
something work, I would buy 14" or 15" wheels that suit your pleasure and
weld Corvair centers into them.  On a previous Corvair, I wanted a small
spare tire that was light and didn't take up much room so I scrounged around
in the storage tent and found a space saver spare tire and wheel.  Of course
it had some weird metric bolt pattern so I torched out the center and welded
in a Chevy 4.75 BC pattern center. I tack welded the center in and mounted
it on a hub of my Corvair and it looked good so I finish welded it and put
it in the tire well area.  I never actually used it but the theory would
work fine.
Clark Hartzel