<VV> Barn Find

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Wed Jan 4 17:06:57 EST 2012

A few months back I wrote about a 'barn find' 65 Monza 2 door, 110hp 4 speed that had been standing on jack stands in a garage since 1976.  It was pretty much coated with dirt when I got it so I have been scraping and brushing it off.

The more I work on this car the more I realize it is not really the car for me.  Left in my hands it will get a coat of paint and be pressed into regular summer service plus club meetings, parades and tours.  It is just TOO GOOD of a car for my use.  It deserves a proper restoration by someone desiring a very high point show winner.

The body plate reads:

	05D
ST	65-10537    LOS11740		BODY
TR	706-			    S-S		PAINT
	E 2LP
	4P

It has NOT been undercoated.  Most of the factory original semi gloss black it still on the underside of the floor pan.  I have seen no sign of rust bulging in any of the pinch welds or in any of the hems except rear deck lid.

The odometer reads 19,000+ miles but the car came with an extra instrument cluster, speedometer missing, and condition of the pedals would indicate many more miles.  I cleaned the oil pan and replaced the filter then started the engine.  It ran for a short period of time and sounded pretty good but I have not driven it at all.

Log on to www.detroitcorvairs. com and click on members project cars then on KenPepke's barn find.  I am asking $2,800.00 and would accept a daily driver or parade condition LM convertible, needing work, in trade.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.