<VV> The magic wiper switch

Eric S. Eberhard eric at vicsmba.com
Wed Jan 4 15:52:25 EST 2012

Bryan,

Thanks!  It is one of life's mysteries.  Like my speedo for which I
finally decided that I really must have three bad speedos.  As
unlikely as that seems.  So I sent one to Palo Alto Speedo and it is
beautiful.  I am trying to get the energy up to install it (after
doing it 4 times in the last six months it is getting old ... yes 4
times because the 1st time I had to do it twice because when I was
all done I noticed these cute little cardboard tubes, two with green
plastic caps, one with red plastic cap, sitting on the floor of the
car ... when I took it apart I wanted to put them somewhere where
they would be safe and not get broken when tossing tools, etc ... so
that time I got to do it twice!).  What is really mean is each one
works for some time (not much) and stops.  Otherwise I could actually
test them and then install a good one ...

Rubber, it did not sell -- it only got to 360 and considering it is
1,000 new at Clark's with some percentage not available (I have all
the exact duplicate stuff) ... anyway I won't sell it for that.  I
might break it up or keep it for another decade and then throw it out
because it becomes rotten or eaten by rodents.  Nobody even bid on
the windshield which is a puzzle as a real correctly tinted
windshield for a wagon is not available (Clarks have the wrong tint
color and have DOT markings from some over seas company, the
originals have no such markings) and I want less than a Clarks repro
... so it will likely stay here along with all the other glass until
I drop a tractor part on it and throw it out.  The Judson car they
bid up to 1600 -- which was what I was offered for the Judson/Weber
by itself by someone that saw the car (no I won't go to the work of
removing it for that and then putting the stock carbs back on) ...
which is really weird because the price I am asking is less than the
engine/PG rebuild cost (and I did all the labor except machining) and
you get a rebuilt Judson with Weber and a new gas heater and new
tires and brakes and ... mechanically new car with new upholstery ...
for the cost of a rebuild.  Somebody who is restoring a car or even
building a daily driver would be WAY ahead buying my sedan and
stripping it ... or just paint it and get carpet/headliner/cardboard
and you are done.  That one I think I'll donate to charity as my
accountant says I can deduct my cost basis ... and after
state/federal taxes and what huge sum of money I put into that car,
I'd do better donating it than selling it for less than what I am
asking.  We have a "good cause" here in town, a shelter for battered
women.  Unfortunately they generally wholesale the cars they get
donated so it's fate worries me.

Are you going to restore your wagon?