<VV> hot motor oil

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 23:11:36 EST 2012

Frank, I agree, and I'd be looking to put a dino 20w50 in it to stave off
the oil use a bit. Before I rebuilt my engine, it was using about a quart
every 500 miles on a 10w30, found some lower compression and flat cam, so
didn't try a heavier oil, and when I took rings off of pistons and put them
in the cylinders, I had over .080 end gap! The oil control rings literally
fell thru the cylinder with no wall tension. So, if your engine is using
more than that, its really worn out! Also, my engine was starting to clog
up/foul several plugs, a clear sign its time to do something. If your
engine is not clunking, and does not foul plugs, keep driving!  Mark Durham