<VV> OIL

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 16:10:40 EST 2012

Seth, it does not matter if a engine is hydraulic or not. The core
issue is the amount of pressure on the cam to lifter faces caused by
spring pressure at the valves. The pressure was mitigated when the
engine designers went to roller cams.
The only difference between a solid lifter and hydraulic is the
hydraulic lifter automatically adjusts for wear on each revolution of
the cam. solid lifters need manual adjustment. So both would need zddp
to bring the levels to what was needed for the engine design.
Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone