<VV> Rear wheel bearings

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 7 15:46:58 EST 2012

You can drive around a few neighborhood blocks with the windows down and
maybe a helper with good ears in the back seat.  Pay attention to any sounds
coming from the rear when making turns - say in the 10 to 20mph speed range.
If it is quiet, it is probably good for now.  But, assuming that you want to
know how it will be 3 years from now - after several trips back and forth,
this would seem to be an appropriate time to take action.  Be sure you get
the correct bearings for Corvair (not cheap) or replace the entire axels
with fresh, greased bearing already installed (even more expensive).

Later, JR