<VV> Pump Your Own

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Jan 7 19:49:22 EST 2012

If the pump attendant is not going to wash my windows and check my oil
(like anybody does that anymore to their own car-reference discussion
about no oil needed between changes or your car is defective), then I do
not need them to pump my gas.

It has been years here we have had self service and I do not recall
getting gas on my clothes. Maybe we're smarter here? Diesel pump is a
different matter! That stuff does not evaporate, so the nozzle is always
wet. I did perfect the use of windshield washing paper towels to keep my
hands dry.

BTW, I thought NJ law made it illegal for you to handle the nozzle,
collector car or not. Seems like over protecting consumers or union
rules keeping pump jockeys jobs. Live free or die, you know.

Frank DuVal