<VV> Making necessary repairs.

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Mon Jan 9 09:18:05 EST 2012

Byron, my resto-mod ('65 Monza coupe) is following your formula -- not necessarily to make it more reliable, but because it's something I wanted to do.  The car has a long family history which is a factor, too.

I also have a '66 convertible that is very original and has most of its original mechanical parts.  I drive that on long trips and have never had a major problem.  I carry a small tool kit with a fan belt.

The old car I trust most on long trips is our '73 Nova -- not because it's in great shape (it is), but because I can find parts and someone to fix it almost everywhere.

A couple of years ago we had a significant problem with a rental car in the mountains of New Mexico.  No cell service where we were, so I had to improvise.  We made it back to civilization late that night.  (Btw, KIA is POS in Korean.)  It was a memorable experience.

The bottom line is that when cars are involved, stuff happens and when it does, you deal with it.

Dave Keillor