<VV> YH on an airplane?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Jan 10 14:10:17 EST 2012

In a message dated 1/10/2012 8:35:59 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
gyoungwolf at earthlink.net writes:

If  anyone has any experience using a Carter YH carb on a Corvair engine in
an  ultralight aircraft, please drop me a note (sounds scary to  me).
Thanks,
Grant

I think the YH would be fine on an ultra-ultra-ultra light aircraft, say
one with an .049 cu in motor. The YH could be tied to the tail  and used to
anchor it to the ground for starting and testing the model  plane with a
glow-plug. As far as using it in any actual airplane - one  that people would be
riding in? - I have no experience - per your actual request  above. And I
wouldn't get into a plane so equipped.

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose, CA