<VV> carb choke problems?

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Tue Jan 10 17:22:01 EST 2012

"... my complaint is that the car will stumble at the first stop sign  or
red light until fully warmed up, then its fine at stop signs, red lights etc.
 i am wondering if the chokes are opening too soon or not opening soon
enough. if  i need to adjust the chokes, would i turn the rods in or out?..."

Turning OUT, adds more choke: but, for a choke system to work properly,
other adjustments must be correct. The following is a link to how GM
recommended  syncing the Carbs (starts after the ignition tuning sequence):
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jtm6s5_Hog&lr=1_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jtm6s5_Hog&lr=1)    Using a UniSyn sidesteps the vacuum balance method.
Stalling Out While Warming  UP... One thing I've found helps is to make the
clearance between choke plate  and air horn LESS... this can be accomplished by
straightening (lengthening),  slightly, the vacuum choke pull-off linkages.
This keeps the  engine choked a bit more, until the bi-metal choke springs
begin to open  the chokes. It also keeps the fast idle in play a bit longer.

Mike Mauro
67 Factory Air 110, PG Coupe
64 Greenbrier 110, PG (for Sale)