<VV> Most Effective Carb Cleaner / Gunk Remover

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Wed Jan 11 11:36:43 EST 2012

Steven:

I have used a two step method as Harry suggests for years to save my carb cleaner.  I use a cleaner/detergent solution that is added to kerosene for my first soak to get rid of the grit and grime.  Suspension pieces and engine shrouding come out looking almost new and any remaining paint isn't damaged.  Carb parts are then soaked in the carb solution.  I haven't bought the detergent solution in years as my bucket is still 3/4 full (I strain out the sand and grit every year or so), but I'd bet it is still available at your local FLAPS.  I'm pretty sure the last can of the concentrate was made by GUNK.

Bob