<VV> 50's Car Game

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 15 12:07:38 EST 2012

>Message: 5
>Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:04:55 -0500
>From: "John Gull" <vairdude at gmail.com>
>Subject: <VV> (no subject)
>To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
>
>http://www.americantorque.com/game/car-show-50s/      Alright you Car Guys,
>here's your chance to test your 50's car knowledge! Myself being a youngster
>born in the early 50's did not score so well! I guess I spent too much time
>playing and not enough learning the cars. Good luck all! John Gull in
>Asheville NC

I got 96%. I was born in '46 and loved cars from around '49. In fact, my first car was a '49 Ford with a flat-head-eight and oil-bath air cleaner. At 14 I customized that car by stripping off all the chrome and prepping it for paint. Unfortunately, while I was away working that summer, my brother-in-law wrecked his '53 Pontiac and talked my dad into giving him my Ford. He blew the engine while drag-racing it and I never learned about it 'til I came home that fall. Needless to say, it was a long time before I spoke to either of them.

I missed two of the Chrysler combos.

Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert.
Gainesville, FL